Are you a travel quote addict like me? Do you spend hours scrolling through inspirational quotes on Pinterest, Instagram, and wherever else you can find them? Does it fill your soul with instant wanderlust?
Girl, I know how you feel!
My apartment is filled with inspirational travel quotes printed on postcards. They are stuck to my fridge, bathroom mirror, bedside table, and nearly every wall.
The task of picking six of the best ones is almost impossible, but I’ve narrowed it down to some that tick a few different travel addict boxes for me. I hope I’ve included at least one that speaks to your travel soul, too.
I look at the first two quotes whenever I catch myself hesitating whether or not to book my next trip. I might be short on money, it might not be the right time because I’d be missing out on this or that event, I might have just asked my boss for leave last month and feel like I can’t justify wanting to go again and again and again… you get where I’m going with this, we’ve all been there!
1. “You don’t choose the day you enter the world and you don’t choose the day you leave. It’s what you do in between that makes all the difference.” – Anita Septimus
2. “Adventure should be part of everyone’s life. It is the whole difference between being fully alive and just existing.” – Holly Morris
The next two quotes really encompass what travel means to me. What I feel in my heart and my soul when I think about traveling. What makes the world go round for me and what inspires me to disregard whatever excuses I might catch myself coming up with and just embrace the wonderful thing travel is and does to us humans!
3. “Travel opens your mind as few other things do. It is its own form of hypnotism, and I am forever under its spell.” – Libba Bray
4. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
The last two quotes are probably the ones everyone has heard before. They are your classic travel quotes. They still make me nod in agreement every time I read them and I just love the short and sweetness that captures everything that needs to be said. How could you disagree with that?
5. “You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
6. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
I know that quotes spark something different in each of us. We look at them influenced by our experiences and dreams and read into them everything that we are and everything we want to be. What are your favourite travel quotes? Get in touch and share them with us!
We are so thrilled to hear from you and find out what inspires your Travelher heart and soul. xx
Author - Natalie Gruner
A travel girl at heart, Nat co-created Travelher and is currently working remotely on a few different projects from her homeland, Germany. She is planning to settle in New Zealand in the near future, while building a more flexible life for herself that allows her to live in paradise without compromising regular home visits and continuous globetrotting.